We are currently seeking volunteers in Los Angeles and Chicago. If interested, please contact the people below:
City: Los Angeles
Organization: Korean Resource Center
Contact: Hee Joo Yoon
Organization: Korean American Resource & Cultural Center
Contact: Young Sun Song
- Early March 2010: An advance letter is mailed to every household alerting them to the coming census questionnaire.
- March 2010:Census questionnaires are mailed to every household.
- Late March 2010: Reminder postcards are mailed to tracts with 10% or more linguistically isolated households that speak Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Russian.
- April 1, 2010: Census Day—all questionnaires are mailed back to Census Bureau.
- April 2010: Replacement questionnaires are mailed to households that have not returned the questionnaire.
- April 21: Forms are no longer available. Community members must call the census hotline to request a form until July 30, 2010
- May-July 2010: Census employees visit homes that have not mailed back their forms
- December 31, 2010: Census Bureau delivers total population count to President Obama.