Full-Time, Based in Los Angeles, CA
NAKASEC was founded by the leaders of local Korean American organizations who saw the need to have a progressive Korean American voice at the national level after the heartbreaking experiences of the Los Angeles Civil Unrest in 1992 and in the midst of the passage of state and federal anti-immigrant and anti-welfare legislation in the mid-1990s. NAKASEC is now known for delivering community voices too often unheard in federal policy campaigns, wining results, coordinating grassroots power across cities, and building coalitions.
Our mission is to organize Korean and Asian Americans to achieve social, racial, and economic justice.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Develop comprehensive development strategy as well as specific tactics to grow revenue from individuals, foundations, and other sources to NAKASEC’s mission and programs.
- Create and execute fundraising plan for a large sustained base of annual individual donors including prospecting potential donors, managing donor lists, and the organizing of special events strategy.
- Manage production of all collateral materials and develop effective messages in coordination with Executive Director and other NAKASEC staff.
- Research and identify potential new funders and grant opportunities.
- Work with Program staff to develop in-depth programmatic goals, deliverables, and analysis of outcomes targeted in grant proposals.
- Develop and write grant proposal applications. Write interim and final reports for existing grants.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with funders and donors.
- Create and maintain complete, accurate, and timely records of grants, letters, reports, and other work products, include updating grant-tracking systems in Excel and paper files.
- Provide appropriate follow-up related to funded projects, e.g., contracts or letters of agreement, report deadlines, and grant information sheets.
- Work independently and in collaboration with the Executive Directors of NAKASEC and/or its affiliate offices, other senior staff including Financial Officers, Communications, and Program staff, and/or board members to develop a culture of fundraising and friend-raising.
- Participate in program meetings as needed to understand the work of the organization
- Commitment to the mission of NAKASEC and social justice issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the multiple Asian American communities who NAKASEC organizes and works with.
- Minimum three years of development experience with demonstrated success securing grants and individual donations.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to represent NAKASEC and its mission to diverse constituencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team.
- Korean language or another Asian language proficiency a plus.
Some overnight and out-of-town travel required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive pay and benefits and a collaborative work environment with colleagues who are dedicated to social justice.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to the Executive Director (Dae Joong Yoon, firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: “Development Director.” Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
NAKASEC is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. We are committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the population that we serve at all levels within the organization.
For more information about NAKASEC, visit www.nakasec.org.