Job Posting – download PDF
The National Korean American Service and Education Consortium (NAKASEC) is a dynamic grassroots-based organization empowering the Korean American community through education, advocacy and community organizing. We seek to project a national progressive voice and build the movement for social change.
Our current program areas include Immigrant Rights, Economic Security, Youth Organizing & Leadership Development, and Civic Engagement & Voter Empowerment.
NAKASEC is looking for a hard-working individual to become part of its team as a Program Associate supporting its Immigrant Rights Project and 2012 Civic Engagement & Voter Empowerment program. This is a Full-Time Position based in Washington, DC.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Be part of a team to develop and implement national grassroots mobilizing campaigns that includes community education, organizing, and media & online communications
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations and community members in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast region
- Assist in the coordination of a national, non-partisan voter education and mobilization campaign including educational materials development and voter research as well as supporting local field efforts for the 2012 Elections
- Research, analyze, and produce materials on relevant policy issues
- Represent NAKASEC at constituent and coalition partner meetings, events and conferences
- Support the executive director in administrative activities as necessary including producing and maintaining relevant grant reports and other documentation
- Commitment to immigrant rights, civil rights, and social justice issues
- Experience working on community issues and/or civic participation initiatives
- Results-oriented, organized and strong attention to detail
- Works well in teams but can also take initiative and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Korean language strongly preferred
An ideal candidate will possess previous experience in community organizing, issue-based campaign development and/or a willingness to learn; be creative; demonstrated flexibility; and willing to work some evenings and weekends. Ability to drive is a plus.
Reports to: Deputy Director
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary history and requirement to Morna Ha, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Program Associate Search” in the subject line. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are able to only respond to those applicants whom we are interested in interviewing. No phone calls please.
NAKASEC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full health & dental benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
NAKASEC has offices in Washington DC and Los Angeles and local affiliates in Los Angeles (the Korean Resource Center) and Chicago (the Korean American Resource and Cultural Center) and works in partnership with community based organizations across the nation. Visit www.nakasec.org and/or our Facebook page for more information.
Priority deadline by March 23, 2012. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.