NAKASEC Virginia Organizers – P/T
Early July – Mid August 2019
Who is NAKASEC?
NAKASEC is a community organization founded in 1994 to promote the full participation of Korean Americans and Asian Americans within the social justice movement. We started a chapter in Annandale, VA in 2012. Current programs in Virginia include civic engagement, youth leadership development, immigrant rights, and citizenship promotion.
NAKASEC VA is hiring part-time Organizers for its 2019 civic engagement campaign (non-partisan). This is a unique opportunity to directly talk with Virginia residents in door-to-door and phone conversations. This part-time position (20 hours/week) is based out of Annandale, VA with regular travel throughout Northern Virginia. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented individuals who thrive on person to person contact. Working independently and with fellow staff and volunteers, successful candidates will execute the following duties:
- Effectively have conversations voters through door-to-door canvassing and over the phone.
- Use technology to ensure accurate and timely data entry.
- Make adjustments to canvass tactics as instructed by canvass leadership.
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress to goal for all metrics.
- Represent NAKASEC VA and the campaign with professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Familiarize voters with NAKASEC VA’s issue campaigns and overall progressive vision.
- Successfully complete required training.
- Other duties as assigned, as related to the success of the civic engagement campaign.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to complete required tasks in a campaign setting.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Previous canvass experience is helpful but not required as training and coaching will be provided to all employees.
- Be able to use a computer and learn how to use a software database.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends.
- Bilingual in the Korean, Vietnamese or another Asian language and English languages are an asset.
Pay: $15/hour (20 hours a week)
Start time: We are looking for individuals who can work from early July to mid-August 2019.
To apply: Please send your resume to Sookyung Oh at email@example.com.
NAKASEC is an equal opportunity employer.