Media Advisory for
April 6, 2013
Contact: Judy Yi, 678-691-0653
NAKASEC to Hold Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Clinic in Duluth, Georgia
WHAT: NAKASEC and partnering organizations will be hosting a free Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Clinic at the NAKASEC Georgia office.
WHO is ELIGIBLE: Consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:
1. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
2. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
4. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
5. Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety. Individuals can call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 with questions or to request more information on the deferred action for childhood arrivals process or visit www.uscis.gov.
WHEN: Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
WHERE: NAKASEC office at Gwinnett Place Business Park, 3761 Venture Drive, Suite 112, Duluth, GA 30096.
For more information: Judy Yi, Community Outreach Director, NAKASEC
Partnering Organizations: Asian American Legal Advocacy Center (AALAC), Southern Poverty Law Center, Youn Law Group