Position Announcement: Campaign Director
NAKASEC is a dynamic grassroots-based organization founded in 1994 by local community centers to project a progressive voice and promote the full participation of Korean Americans within the social justice movement. NAKASEC maintains offices in Los Angeles and Annandale, Virginia. NAKASEC has affiliates in Los Angeles (Korean Resource Center) and in Chicago (Korean American Resource & Cultural Center) and works in partnership with local community based organizations across the nation. Major program areas include: Immigrant Rights, Civic Engagement, Civil Rights, Financial Empowerment, and Youth Organizing.
- Be a part of a local-national team that develops and implements multi-pronged education, advocacy, and organizing projects to advance policies that improve the lives of Korean and Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities.
- Facilitate Asian American and Pacific Islander leadership and participation in the immigration reform campaign.
- Coordinate a multi-state effort to increase Asian American and Pacific Islander leadership and participation in civic engagement work, particularly in the 2014 elections
- Participate in building and maintaining strategic relationships with key ally organizations and other stakeholders.
- Represent NAKASEC and speak at constituent and coalition partner meetings, events, and conferences.
- Participate in developing and coordinating a communications plan and media relevant activities including the development of messaging points and spokespersons.
- Manage and support staff working on the Fast 4 Families Campaign and Civic Engagement work.
- Produce and maintain relevant work & grant reports and other documentation.
- Other duties as needed by the organization.
- Experience working on social justice issues and policies relevant to Korean American, AAPI, immigrant or low income communities.
- Knowledge of immigration issues and civic engagement organizing. Prior experience in a legislative environment a plus.
- A track record of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders and strong coalition building skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in local-national or multi-sectoral/ethnic partnerships.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Strong research and analytic capacity.
- Ability to manage projects, think creatively, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to supervise and oversee staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Experience in community organizing and civic engagement campaigns an asset.
- Ability to travel and to work some evenings and weekends.
The Campaign Director is supervised by Executive Director.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary history and expectations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit our website at www.nakasec.org.
NAKASEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.