The National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC) is seeking an Operations Manager for its D.C. office.
NAKASEC is a dynamic grassroots-based organization founded in 1994 by local community centers to project a progressive voice and promote the full participation of Korean Americans within the social justice movement. NAKASEC has offices in Los Angeles and Washington, DC. NAKASEC has affiliates in Los Angeles (The Korean Resource Center) and in Chicago (The Korean American Resource & Cultural Center) and works in partnership with local community based organizations across the nation. Major program areas: Civic Engagement (Redistricting, Elections and Census), Civil Rights (LGBTQ, Hate Crimes, Language Access, Voting Rights), Financial Empowerment, Immigrant Rights (Immigration Reform, Immigrant Integration, and Enforcement), Youth Organizing, and Technical Assistance.
NAKASEC is seeking a highly-motivated, organized and experienced individual for this position. Bachelor’s Degree and/or successful experience in at least 5 years of administrative experience; Self-starter with excellent administrative skills, including strong organizational development, problem-solving and analytical skills; Acute attention to detail, and commitment to excellence and high standards; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Familiarity with basic social media platforms and database management a plus; Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat; Ability to work independently and participate as a team player; Experience managing grant reports and proposals is desired; A high level of interest in the areas of community organizing, policy advocacy, social justice and immigrant rights issues a plus; Knowledge and understanding of the Korean American / Asian American and Pacific Islander community issues and experience at non-profit community based organizations is strongly desired.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: January 20, 2011 or until filled.
To apply, email, fax or mail cover letter, resume, salary history and three references to:
NAKASEC Operations Manager Search
1628 16th Street, NW, Suite 306
Washington, DC, 20009
email@example.com / Fax: 202-299-9541
JOB DESCRIPTION – Operations Manager
- Provide executive support to senior management team to ensure organization’s strategic plan, work plans, and projects are effectively implemented
- Administer all the human resources such as hiring and orientation of new employees; periodically update the personnel policy and ensure compliance with labor regulations, maintain personnel files, calculate staff leave balance and leave requests, oversee benefits program as well as required insurance and workers compensation related to the organization and employees
- Hire and manage consultants including creation of contract agreements, recruitment and selection.
- Manage the internship program from recruitment and tracking as well as assist in the training and creation of a network.
- Coordinate board, staff, and committee meetings, including preparing materials, providing on-site support for meetings, generating meeting notes, and maintaining board records.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for program meetings, teleconferences, and events
- Make complex travel arrangements.
- Provide support to the communications staff on publications, media, and other activities
- Maintain programmatic and development databases
- Support executive director in submission of grant reports and proposals as well as in coordination of fundraising activities
- General office management and administrative duties such as filing, maintain and order supplies, contact and database management, general communications, and scheduling