Woori Center Field Coordinator
Full Time Position
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Established in late 2018, Woori Center’s mission is to organize Korean and Asian Americans to achieve social, racial, and economic justice. Serving the Greater Philadelphia, Woori Center empowers the most vulnerable community members including the low-income, recent immigrant, limited English proficient, undocumented, youth, women, and seniors. Through education, social service, community organizing, public policy advocacy, civic participation, and arts & culture programs, Woori Center ensures that these community members can impact progressive change at the local and state levels. Woori Center is an affiliate of NAKASEC.
Position Description: The Field Coordinator will work with the Civic Engagement Manager to manage part-time canvassing staff and volunteers; create necessary educational materials; and implement voter engagement campaigns to educate voters, promote voter turnout, and build base to advance policies towards social, economic, and racial justice in Pennsylvania’s Asian American communities. This position will be supervised by the Civic Engagement Manager.
Civic Engagement and Organizing (80%)
- Assist in the development of comprehensive direct voter contact program as needed.
- Support field work capacity as needed through phonebanking, canvassing/literature drops, texting, relational organizing.
- Lead on data entry using VAN.
- Recruit, train, and manage part-time canvassers, interns, staff, and volunteers on engagement tactics and technology (e.g. phone banking, texting, canvassing, literature drops, relational organizing, etc).
- Supervise, train, and support the Field Captain to ensure implementation of field program and proper following of safety protocols.
- Create relevant public educational materials in print and digital, including website content, press releases, and ethnic media as needed.
- Collaborate with translators, designers, and printers to create relevant printed civic engagement materials.
- Work with digital organizer to develop shareable graphics and digital content for social media and messaging.
- Research best practices for voter registration scripts, volunteer recruitment and engagement, effective strategies to run various field programs.
- Support and promote internal project coordination between field captain, paid canvassers & engaged volunteers.
- Implement relational organizing campaigns for voter registration and GOTV.
- Develop field work protocols including COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Work with coalition tables and partners to prepare field work campaign logistics in a timely manner as necessary.
- Attend coalition meetings as needed.
- Assist with reporting as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in year-round organizing, civic engagement, and fundraising campaigns with the rest of Woori Center team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mission alignment: Commitment to social, economic and racial justice. A belief in the community’s ability to support each other, organize and achieve desired goals together.
- Project management skills: stays on top of multiple projects through prioritization and organization.
- Coaching orientation: ability to work well with others or in a team.
- Follow Through: self-motivated to stay on top of all specific tasks, follow-up items, and general areas of work.
- Ability to meet deadlines and detail oriented.
- Communication and relationship building: strong verbal communication skills; able to connect with individuals across diverse and marginalized populations.
- Quick/enthusiastic learner: learn how to use and set up different platforms; open to learning and trying new experiences.
- Comfortable with numbers, technology, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
- A valid driver’s license, car and car insurance.
- Bilingual in English and an Asian language an asset.
- Familiarity with these platforms: VAN, MiniVAN, Hustle, ThruTalk, ThruText, Impactive (formerly OutVote), other civic engagement tools a plus.
- Prior experience with campaign field work a plus.
The Woori Center Field Coordinator reports to the Woori Center Civic Engagement Manager. Woori Center offers a salary commensurate with experience and full health, dental, and vision insurance.
TO APPLY: DO NOT APPLY THROUGH FACEBOOK. Email your resume to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line “Woori Center Communications Associate” and indicate in your resume if you are bilingual in another Asian language, and your level of proficiency in the language.
Woori Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.