Woori Center Civic Engagement Manager
Full Time Position
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Established in late 2018, Woori Center’s mission is to organize Korean and Asian Americans to achieve social, racial, and economic justice. Serving the Greater Philadelphia, Woori Center empowers the most vulnerable community members including the low-income, recent immigrant, limited English proficient, undocumented, youth, women, and seniors. Through education, social service, community organizing, public policy advocacy, civic participation, and arts & culture programs, Woori Center ensures that these community members can impact progressive change at the local and state levels. Woori Center is an affiliate of NAKASEC.
Position Description: Woori Center’s Civic Engagement Manager will be a key leader of a team that develops and implements year-round engagement and organizing projects (integrated voter engagement or IVE) in Pennsylvania’s Asian American communities to educate voters, promote voter turnout, and build base to advance policies towards social, economic and racial justice. Staff at Woori Center also participate in organizing and fundraising campaigns.
Connecting Civic Engagement and Organizing (70%)
- Develop and coordinate a detailed field plan outlining political context/narrative, strategies, tactics, capacity, roles & responsibilities, budget, and calendar.
- Provide strategic leadership to define universes, targets, tactics (voter registration, voter education, door knocking, phone banking, texting, mailings, and other forms of outreach), goals, and messaging that is informed by Woori Center’s other programs, organizing campaigns, and political developments to ultimately build power for Asian American communities.
- Hire and supervise and support full-time and part-time civic engagement staff to complete various projects, implement field work plan, and reach set program goals.
- Track progress to goals and deliverables to evaluate the effectiveness of Woori Center’s civic engagement strategies.
- Identify new partnerships and engagement strategies where appropriate.
- Assist Communications staff with creating relevant public educational materials in print and digital.
- Represent Woori Center in relevant coalitions, conferences, and other convenings; and
- Work with Finance Manager and legal counsel to ensure c3/c4 compliance and reporting requirements are met.
- Develop and implement internship curriculum for Youth Civic Engagement Fellowship participants
- Onboard, train, and supervise interns.
- Provide constructive feedback and pass on further leadership development opportunities to past and current youth.
Data Management (10%)
- Manage and maintain voter databases.
- Develop reporting and analysis of Woori Center’s Civic Engagement programs that include targeted universe breakdown, overall program numbers, and breakdown of tactic specific numbers and evaluations.
- Bottom line responsibility for managing civic engagement, including quality control, updating and improving voter contact information in VAN, and brainstorming and implementing ways to improve targeting of specific races and ethnicities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in year-round organizing, civic engagement, and fundraising campaigns with rest of the Woori Center team.
- Be a thought partner to the Executive Director and other team leads on new programming/ campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Qualification Criteria
- Commitment to immigrant rights and social, economic and racial justice. A belief in community’s ability to support each other, organize and achieve desired goals together.
- Strong inter-personal skills: skills including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. Experience with training and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Strategic and creative thinker: Connect the dots between Woori Center programs and campaigns, assess options, identify trends, synthetize new information into existing analysis/workplans.
- Enjoys problem solving.
- Effective project management skills: Ability to take initiative and experience meeting deadlines. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and have attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Track record of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license, car and car insurance.
- Bilingual in English and an Asian language an asset.
The Woori Center Civic Engagement Manager reports to the Woori Center Executive Director. NAKASEC offers a salary commensurate with experience and full health, dental, and vision insurance.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH FACEBOOK. Email your resume to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line “Woori Center Communications Associate” and indicate in your resume if you are bilingual in another Asian language, and your level of proficiency in the language.
Woori Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.