Woori Center Communication Coordinator
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Established in late 2018, Woori Center’s mission is to organize Korean and Asian Americans to achieve social, racial and economic justice. Serving the collar counties of Philadelphia, Woori Center empowers the most vulnerable community members including the low-income, recent immigrant, limited English proficient, undocumented, youth, women and seniors. Through education, social service, community organizing, public policy advocacy and civic participation, Woori Centers ensure that these community members can impact progressive change at the local and state levels. Woori Center is the greater Philadelphia affiliate of NAKASEC.
Working with Woori Center’s Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will be primarily responsible for growing Woori Center’s communications strategy and audiences, preparing for Woori Center’s press releases and newsletters, and creating and publishing the content of the Woori Center and related projects’ websites and social media platforms. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Co-developing and implementing an annual Communications Plan with the goal of supporting Woori Center’s broader strategies.
- Growing Woori Center’s digital base including email lists, social media followings and other communication platforms.
- Co-leading Rapid Response Communications as needed.
- Co-developing, coordinating and implementing creative communications strategies that accompany Woori Center’s organizing and advocacy campaigns. This includes overseeing and supporting the production of communications materials for Woori Center’s campaigns including fliers, talking points, fact sheets, social media toolkits and other relevant materials.
- Developing and placing op-eds to further campaign strategy and narrative change.
- Participating in relevant coalition formations.
- Leading the generation of online content that engages stakeholders and leads to measurable action.
- Supporting speaker trainings for community leaders to prepare them for press interviews and speaking at meetings and events.
- Building relationships with key members of the press including ethnic media outlets and media monitoring and reporting.
- Manage development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic content including but not limited to monthly e-newsletters, brochures, annual report, and Woori Center and related project websites.
- Track and measure the level of engagement from communications strategies over time.
Experience & Skills Needed:
- Experience as a Communications staff or similar role.
- Strong writing, editing and research skills.
- Enjoys both listening to and sharing ideas and opinions
- Works well in a team environment.
- Willingness to propose and think about new ideas and concepts.
- Strong understanding of issues facing the Asian American community and other marginalized communities including people of color, women, and LGBTQ community members.
- Ability to manage various communications media .
- Ability to organize, efficiently document, and routinely update information.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual in English and Korean or another Asian language is preferred.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH FACEBOOK. Email your resume to email@example.com. Please write in the subject line “Woori Center Communications Associate” and indicate in your resume if you are bilingual in another Asian language, and your level of proficiency in the language.
Woori Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.