Woori Juntos Field Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
Woori Juntos is a dynamic grassroots-based organization founded by local community members to project a progressive voice and promote the full participation of Asian Americans and all Texans within the social justice movement. Its mission is to organize Asian Americans and all Texans to achieve social, economic and racial justice.
Position Description: The Field Coordinator will work with the Executive Director to manage part-time canvassing staff and volunteers; create necessary educational materials; and implement voter engagement campaigns to educate voters, promote voter turnout, and build base to advance policies towards social, economic, and racial justice in Texas’ Asian American communities.
Civic Engagement and Organizing (80%)
- Assist in the development of comprehensive direct voter contact program as needed.
- Support field work capacity as needed through phonebanking, canvassing/literature drops, texting, relational organizing.
- Lead on data entry using VAN.
- Recruit, train, and manage part-time canvassers, interns, staff, and volunteers on engagement tactics and technology (e.g. phone banking, texting, canvassing, literature drops, relational organizing, etc).
- Supervise, train, and support Field Captains to ensure implementation of field program and proper following of safety protocols.
- Create relevant public educational materials in print and digital, including website content, press releases, and ethnic media as needed.
- Collaborate with translators, designers, and printers to create relevant printed civic engagement materials.
- Work with digital organizer to develop shareable graphics and digital content for social media and messaging.
- Research best practices for voter registration scripts, volunteer recruitment and engagement, effective strategies to run various field programs.
- Support and promote internal project coordination between field captain, paid canvassers & engaged volunteers.
- Implement relational organizing campaigns for voter registration and GOTV.
- Develop field work protocols including COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Work with coalition tables and partners to prepare field work campaign logistics in a timely manner as necessary.
- Attend coalition meetings as needed.
- Assist with reporting as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in year-round organizing, civic engagement, and fundraising campaigns with the rest of Woori Juntos team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mission alignment: Commitment to social, economic and racial justice. A belief in the community’s ability to support each other, organize and achieve desired goals together.
- Project management skills: stays on top of multiple projects through prioritization and organization.
- Coaching orientation: ability to work well with others or in a team.
- Follow Through: self-motivated to stay on top of all specific tasks, follow-up items, and general areas of work.
- Ability to meet deadlines and detail oriented.
- Communication and relationship building: strong verbal communication skills; able to connect with individuals across diverse and marginalized populations.
- Quick/enthusiastic learner: learn how to use and set up different platforms; open to learning and trying new experiences.
- Comfortable with numbers, technology, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
- A valid driver’s license, car and car insurance.
- Bilingual in English and an Asian language an asset.
- Familiarity with these platforms: VAN, MiniVAN, Hustle, ThruTalk, ThruText, Impactive (formerly OutVote), other civic engagement tools a plus.
- Prior experience with campaign field work a plus.
Woori Juntos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Submit the followings by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter specifically referencing qualifications enumerated above
- A list of three references include the name, title and contact information (especially phone number)
Deadline: Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.