As Asian Americans, an immigrant community with an estimated 130,000 DACA eligible youth, we will not stand for their futures being disposed of as a result of hatred, greed, and racism. To commemorate the anniversary of DACA’s implementation, NAKASEC, KRC and Hana Center will hold a 24 hour a day, 22 Day action in front of the White House to call on the Trump administration to keep DACA intact and to urge Congress to support the DREAM Act, which provides the permanent pathway to citizenship our young people deserve. We will place our bodies 24-7 outside of the White House to tell President Trump we are watching him and urge him to make the right decision for our young people. We will hold this action from August 15 through the September 5th deadline to fight for justice for our communities.
We call on the Asian American, immigrant and allied communities to join us! We call on faith leaders, labor leaders, teachers, Members of Congress, state legislators and others to fight for our young people!
August 15th National Day of Actions
Activities on this opening day of actions include:
- United We DREAM Rally and March (12 noon – 4 p.m.)
- Launch of the NAKASEC DC DREAM Action in front of the White House (4 p.m. – September 5) with a prayer vigil at 5:30 p.m.
Daily activities include:
- picketing and educating the public in front of the White House (24 hours a day. Sign up here.)
- prayer/reflection at 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. at Murrow Park (18th and H Streets, NW. Look for our canopy!)
- teach-ins and workshops at Murrow Park (calendar to be posted)
September 5th Closing Day
Stay tuned for updates!
- Sponsoring organizations will meet regularly to lead the coordination of the DREAM Action, activities, and will send participants to DC. They also will promote the event with their communities and the media.
- Endorsing organizations will promote the DREAM Action to their communities and through their networks and send participants to DC or hold echo events.
- Korean Resource Center
- Hana Center
- Church World Service
- Disciples Refugee and Immigration Ministries
- Faith in Public Life
- Franciscan Action Network
- National Advocacy Center of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd
- UndocuBlack Network
- United We Dream
- Viet Rainbow of Orange County (VROC)
Alliance of Filipinos for Immigrant Rights & Empowerment (AFIRE), American Federation of Teachers (AFT), Apna Ghar, Inc. (Our Home), Arab American Action Network (AAAN), Asian American & Arab American Collaboration for Deferred Action, Asian American Psychological Association, Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC, Asian Americans United, Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance (APALA), Center For Community Change/FIRM, Chicago Desi Youth Rising, Chinese American Service League, Chinese for Affirmative Action, Chinese Progressive Association, Coalition for a Better Chinese American Community, Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR), Japanese American Citizens League, Korean American Coalition of Oregon, Laotian American National Conference, Lowcountry Immigration Coalition, MinKwon Center for Community Action, National CAPACD, National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA), Pax ChristiUSA, Progress Virginia Education Fund, Sisters of Mercy of the Americas – Institute Justice Team, South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT), Southeast Asia Resource Action Center (SEARAC), Unitarian Universalist Association, Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, Unitarian Universalists for Social Justice, Virginia Coalition of Latino Organizations (VACOLAO), Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy, We Belong Together
We thank Charles for contributing artwork for the campaign.
Join us – DREAM Action
Updated on 2017-08-17T16:58:24+00:00, by .