Who is NAKASEC Virginia?
NAKASEC is a community organization founded in 1994 to promote the full participation of Korean Americans and Asian Americans within the social justice movement. We started a chapter in Annandale, VA in 2012. Current programs in Virginia include civic engagement, youth leadership development, and immigrant rights.
NAKASEC is hiring Canvassers for its 2020 Census campaign. This is a unique opportunity to directly talk with Virginia residents in door-to-door and phone conversations. This part-time position (10-25 hours/week) is based out of Centreville, VA with regular travel throughout Northern Virginia. It will last from March 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020.
Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented individuals who thrive on person to person contact. Working independently and with fellow staff and volunteers, successful candidates will execute the following duties:
- Effectively have conversations with community members on the 2020 Census through door-to-door canvassing and phone conversations.
- Use technology to ensure accurate and timely data entry.
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress to goal for all metrics.
- Represent NAKASEC Virginia with professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Successfully complete required training.
- Other duties as assigned, as related to the success of the Census 2020 campaign.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to complete required tasks in a campaign setting.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Previous canvass experience is helpful but not required as training and coaching will be provided to all employees.
- Be able to use a computer and learn how to use a software database.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends.
- Bilingual in the Korean or Vietnamese and English languages are an asset.
Start time: We are looking for individuals who can start in March 2020.
To apply: Please send your resume to Van-Thanh Pham ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
NAKASEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.