NAKASEC Virginia Organizers – P/T
September – November 2018
Who is NAKASEC?
NAKASEC is a community organization founded in 1994 to promote the full participation of Korean Americans and Asian Americans within the social justice movement. We started a chapter in Annandale, VA in 2012. Current programs in Virginia include civic engagement, youth leadership development, and immigrant rights.
NAKASEC is hiring Canvassers for its 2018 civic engagement campaign. This is a unique opportunity to directly talk with Virginia residents in door-to-door and phone conversations. This part-time position (20 hours/week) is based out of Annandale, VA with regular travel throughout Northern Virginia. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented individuals who thrive on person to person contact. Working independently and with fellow staff and volunteers, successful candidates will execute the following duties:
- Effectively have conversations voters through door-to-door canvassing and phoneconversations.
- Use technology to ensure accurate and timely data entry.
- Make adjustments to canvass tactics as instructed by canvass leadership.
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress to goal for all metrics.
- Represent NAKASEC and the campaign with professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Familiarize voters with NAKASEC’s issue campaigns and overall progressive vision.
- Successfully complete required training.
- Other duties as assigned, as related to the success of the civic engagement campaign.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to complete required tasks in acampaign setting.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Previous canvass experience is helpful but not required as trainingand coaching will be provided to all employees.
- Be able to use a computer and learn how to use a software database.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends.
- Bilingual in the Korean or Vietnamese and English languages are an asset.
Start time: We are looking for individuals who can start in September.
To apply: Please send your resume to Sookyung Oh at email@example.com.
NAKASEC is an equal opportunity employer.