What is the Dreams Across America Tour?
The Dreams Across America Tour is a nationwide journey via train that educates the public to dispel myths, give real facts, and shares personal stories about the need for just and humane immigration reform in this country.
In eight days (June 13th- 20th) via ten cities, the tour will bring together one hundred diverse individuals from throughout the country referred to as Dreamers. These Dreamers will share their compelling stories and reinforce what still holds true today – no matter our backgrounds, immigrant or native born, we all cherish the values that make this country prosper. However, only by working together to address our nation’s broken immigration laws, can we continue to achieve and live the American dream.
Dreamers from throughout the country will take their story to our Nation’s Capital. Major stops will include Los Angeles, San Antonio, Chicago, Miami, New York and Boston. As the Dreamers embark on the journey, their stories and those of thousands of others will be prominently highlighted via our website, blogs, video, and earned media.
The tour is a physical expression by a hundred who represent thousands. The stories of those who travel on the train will be told on line, but most importantly, this launches a campaign to get America talking about immigration in one central location. Anyone can post their own immigration story, whether they are first or fourth generation, via You Tube. We seek stories from all sides of the discussion so that a real discussion can occur.
The Dreams Across America Tour will conclude in Washington, D.C. on June 19 and 20 where Dreamers from across the country will join hundreds of immigrant children and their families at an event organized by the Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM). Dreamers will also have the opportunity to share their stories with Members of Congress so they may hear first-hand from their constituents about the human impact of our broken immigration system and the need for just immigration reform legislation that addresses the realities of our country, economy and immigrant families.
Dreams Across America Multi-Media Program
For the first time in history, the traditional immigrants rights movement has joined with online organizers and bloggers to create an integrated, interactive, multi-media discussion with America called Dreams Across America. The multi-media Dreams Across America campaign will last as long as the immigration discussion does nationally.
The multimedia components of this campaign, led by Courage Campaign and its founder and Chair Rick Jacobs, consist of:
• A website http://dreams-acrossamericaonline.org at which the train trip will be tracked, a blog including contributions from Matt Stoller of MyDD Blog, video, updates on immigration legislation and a go to site for everyone in the country interested in this topic. This site will be highly interactive, user friendly, built in open source Drupal, designed by Dan Pallotta’s Springboard (Pallotta founded the AIDS Rides and Breast Cancer Three Day Walks);
• Photographs and descriptions as well as video of the Dreamers who will travel from dozens of cities by train to Washington, D.C and the story of that train trip will all be online;
• Original content video telling stories about immigration and how it affects our country. There will initially be five pieces of original content up prior to the train trip that will feature people who are the face of immigration in this country, whether first or fourth generation;
• An invitation to submit user generated content (UGC) from everyone in this country telling their own immigration stories and sharing their own dreams for this country–El Cucuy en la Mañana will spearhead a national call for user generated content in partnership with radio stations across the country. UGC may be in the form of one minute shorts or up to three minute pieces that are uploaded via YouTube, tagged and placed on our site. We encourage people from all sides of the discussion to upload their content, provided that content is in the form of stories of how immigration affects them. The site is not intended for polemical discussions.The site will also feature video of immigration stories from El Cucuy, Arianna Huffington, Cardinal Roger Mahony, Sony Pictures Chairman and CEO Michael Lynton, Speaker of the California Assembly Fabian Nunez, and many others;
• And partnerships with state-based online organizations including ProgressNow of Colorado and Ohio.
For Further Information Please Contact:
Sibahn Epps at (310) 860-1307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dreams Across America Tour is Endorsed by:
• Archdiocese of Los Angeles
• Cabrini Immigrant Services—New York
• Central American Resource Center (CARECEN)
• Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CCIR)
• Coalition for Humane and Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
• Courage Campaign
• Gill Foundation
• Irish Immigration Center-Boston
• Liberty Hill Foundation
• Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
• Make the Road by Walking-New York
• Massachusetts Immigrant and Refuge Advocacy Coalition
• National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC)
• New York Immigration Center
• New York Immigration Coalition
• New York State Youth Leadership Council
• Priests for Immigrant Justice-Chicago
• Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
• Strengthening Our Lives (SOL)
• The Cucuy Foundation
• University of California Los Angeles, Labor Center
• United Farm Workers (UFW)
• Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees & Hotel
Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union (UNITE HERE)
For Further Information Please Contact:
Mary Gutierrez (213) 276-3384 or at email@example.com
Endorse and Support Dreams Across America
“100 Reasons For Immigration Reform”
Both immigrants and native-born Americans will be presenting to members of Congress
“100 Reasons to Support Immigration Reform.” The 100 reasons to support just and
humane immigration reform are the dreams of the 100 travelers or “dreamers” that have
come together to tell congress to “figure it out. ”The impressive group includes seniors, students, parents, children, workers, brothers, sisters, neighbors, employers and people of faith – a collage of America. You may use my name/organization publicly as a supporter of the Dreams Across America Tour. We commit to a contribution to the
Dreams Across America Tour in the amount of:
The Dreams Across America Tour fiscal sponsor is the National Korean American Service & Education Consortium- NAKASEC,
a 501(C) 3 corporation. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable under federal statute, 26 USC §170(c)(2).
Make checks payable to NAKASEC, 900 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019, Fax (323) 937-3753.
Memo: Dreams Across America. Federal Tax ID#: 11-330-3986