Margaret Cho Wants YOU to Take Action Today for the DREAM Act
Korean American comedian and performance artist Margaret Cho joins NAKASEC, KRC & KRCC to call for the DREAM Act this year. She says, “Immigrant youth have waited far too long for Congress to do the right thing. The DREAM Act is a benefit to us all. No more wasting talent, brains and opportunities. Let’s pass the Dream Act now.”
There was a historic vote in the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday, December 7, 2010! Tomorrow, the U.S. Senate will vote on the DREAM Act.
We can do this! Over the past couple weeks, people across the country logged more than 200,000 calls! We need to continue the pressure! If you’ve already made calls, find the Senators’ Pages on Facebook and leave comments asking them to vote YES on the DREAM Act!
1. CALL Your Senators – 1-866-996-5161
Your senators are already supportive? It’s ok! Call them and thank them for their support and ASK them to urge their colleagues who are not supportive to vote YES on the DREAM Act!
2. CALL Target Senators – 1-866-587-3023 (Capitol Switchboard)
3. Tweet the following to your network —- 5 simple ways for you to support the #dreamact! Our moment of hope is now (via @nakasec) http://bit.ly/eajJYR #p2 #ri4A #aapi
4. Download this flyer and hand them out, get permission to post it on announcement boards and forward to others!
5. Leave positive comments in the following news articles!
— Multifaith group marches in support of DREAM Act (Texas): http://bit.ly/gxOrXf
— Potential Lugar Challenger says GOP Already Has Him in Sight: http://bit.ly/hawyRH
— Status Affects Young Illegal Immigrants’ Choices: http://n.pr/fG8GWw
Contact Olivia Park for more information or to get involved! 323.937.3703 x. 201 [firstname.lastname@example.org]