NAKASEC is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and organized intern to work in their national offices in Los Angeles or Washington, D.C. Interns will have the unique opportunity to work directly on policy and advocacy work that is connected to community organizing. This is a full-time, unpaid internship.
- Drafting a range of written materials, including press statements, fact sheets, promotional and fundraising related materials for internal and external distribution;
- Providing support to NAKASEC’s core programs in such areas as outreach, material development, coalition-building, program promotions, recruitment of volunteers, event planning, fundraising, etc.
- Supporting in research with issues such as health care, immigration reform, elections, Census, etc.
- Supporting volunteer recruitment efforts locally
- Updating NAKASEC website, facebook and twitter
- Managing media, legislative, and organization directories
Applicant should have excellent writing and oral communication skills in English; proficiency in Korean is a plus. Familiarity in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet-based research is required and experience in web-design is welcome. Needs to be able to work independently, meet deadlines, think creatively, and prioritize multiple tasks.
Please send a cover letter and resume to HyunJoo Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.