The National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC) seeks a hard-working, talented, and committed individual to serve as e-Communications / e-Advocacy Coordinator. This is a temporary position for an individual who has experience in setting up the necessary infrastructure to bolster online social community engagement and designing & implementing e-advocacy campaigns. This position will contribute to an overall effort to foster greater outreach, education, and conversation with NAKASEC supporters and to build organizational recognition and visibility.
NAKASEC is a dynamic national organization working to empower the Korean American community through education, advocacy and organizing. The national office is located in Los Angeles, California, with a D.C. office and affiliates in Los Angeles and Chicago. Major program areas include immigrant rights, civic engagement & voter empowerment, health reform, and civil rights. NAKASEC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Work with stakeholders to craft an overall eCommunications/eAdvocacy strategy.
- Coordinate research, selection and implementation of new web technologies and services to enhance e-advocacy and communications hub initiatives (including selection of vendors through a selective process).
- Plan and implement all activities related to the transformation of the current NAKASEC website to an interactive & viral communications hub, including expansion and integration with other online mediums.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to create and disseminate bilingual written and visual content (including action alerts, e-newsletters, etc.) related to NAKASEC programs utilizing multiple communications tools and public relations techniques.
- Provide education, training and technical assistance to NAKASEC staff and affiliates about effective use of web 2.0 and social media in campaign development.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of website and other online mediums.
- Collect, compile, analyze and report Web site, Internet and technology-related data for use in reports and summaries as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 or more years of demonstrated experience working with new web technologies and other vital marketing strategies (including blogs, Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, Buzz, etc.).
- Understanding of how communities of color and immigrant communities engage online.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of layout and design.
- Familiarity with coding HTML & CSS.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, think creatively, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines.
- Commitment to progressive politics and building an inclusive social justice movement.
- Sensitive to multicultural issues.
- Experience in video editing a plus.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual setting an asset, but not required.
- Fluency in the Korean language an asset, but not required.
NAKASEC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, portfolio, references, and salary history to Jeong Yeon Hong, Community Education & Administrative Director, NAKASEC, 900 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit our website at www.nakasec.org or call at 323. 937.3703 ext 204.