NAKASEC Finance & Operations Associate
Independent Contractor position: average of 10 hours/week; $20 per hour
Location: Northern Virginia (Annandale- Centreville area)
Founded by local community-based organizations in 1994, NAKASEC’s mission is to organize Korean and Asian Americans to achieve social, racial and economic justice. NAKASEC’s network includes NAKASEC Virginia in Annandale and Centreville, HANA Center in greater Chicago, Woori Center in greater Philadelphia and Korean Resource Center in Los Angeles and Orange County. Together, we empower the most vulnerable community members including the low-income, recent immigrant, limited English proficient, undocumented, youth, women and seniors. Through education, social service, community organizing, public policy advocacy and civic participation, the NAKASEC network ensures that these community members can impact progressive change at the local and national levels.
NAKASEC is one of the few national Asian American organizations that engages grassroots people in national organizing and advocacy programs and campaigns. NAKASEC and affiliates strongly believe that systemic change that benefits everyone results when folks who are most impacted by injustice act collectively through organizing, advocacy and civic engagement.
The Finance & Operations Associate will assist the Finance & Operations Director. Key Responsibilities include:
- Record weekly financial transactions
- Complete monthly reconciliations for bank and credit card statements
- Complete monthly reconciliations for online donations
- Enter basic data for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Assist with record-keeping functions, such as maintaining filing system for source documents (grant award letters, invoices, receipts, etc.)
- Assist with payroll function occasionally
- Prepare tax acknowledgement letters for donors
- Assist with operations needs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Ability to work remotely and also be willing to commute to Annandale or Centreville office locations
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs
- Basic understanding of accounting systems (such as Quickbooks)
- Data entry skills
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 14, 2020.
NAKASEC is an equal opportunity employer.